Books:
I love books to ready especially when it comes to mystery, thriller, and intense. I can tell you that there are two authors I’ve read in a month is Tess Gerritsen and Stephenie Meyers.
As for Tess Gerritsen ,I have read all of her books from the beginning, “Life Support” up until last month, her latest book, “The Keepsake”. Ms. Gerritsen has touched my heart since I read all of her books except “The Mephisto Club”. That book made me cringes and hurled a lot – I couldn’t stop reading it because I had to see what will happen next. As soon I finished reading her book, I had a nightmare for couple of days because of it. It was amazing how this book affected me. I was tossing and turning so much like I was trying to escape from the horror I had in my dream. Anyhow, I was done with “The Mephisto Club” book, and was relieved that I was able to get her next sequel, “The Keepsake”. To be honest, this book wasn’t as bad as I thought but was intriguing by reading it. It only took me 2 days to finish reading her book. I know I can’t explain the details but I can absolutely tell you that this particular book made me think of the TV show called, NCIS, Law & Order and to name a few. It took me a while to try not to compare all the books and the TV shows I’ve seen. However, it is what it is.
As soon I was done reading Tess Gerritsen, I knew that I needed to continue reading because I missed reading books. I was always busy with school, dancing and working. I didn’t have the time to relax and enjoy when I’m not doing anything. For the past few years since I moved here from Maryland to Chicago, IL. I worked 40 hours a week, attended evening classes at the Columbia College Chicago. I realized that all the books that I read, it is not done and I always looked over my shoulder and wishing that I could sit back and enjoy reading the fiction or nonfiction books.. so I could take my mind off of the homework, the pressure to complete every project we used to do and the deadline at work.
Now that I am “technically” done with school and I have time on my hand. I looked over my shoulder and realized that I have a spare time to do what I wanted to do for a long time. Hmmmm… lets just say, for the past 2 years, I am excited to pick up my favorite book and finished it.
Since I completed Tess Gerristen book, I figured that I would like to try a new book to read and see what does Stephenie Meyers have in mind when she published her book, she wrote the book called, Twilight, I have had one of her book called, Eclipse for a while. When I was reading her book, I didn’t understand the connection with all the characters and the events until I heard about Twilight. I realized that this book & movie of Twilight is the original book that will connect to eclipse but there is before and after the New Moon came out. Maybe I was behind with Ms. Meyers book or if she had wrote few books before Twilight. I was glad that I was able to get her book, Twilight and read it. Unbelievable how I finally understood what does the book, Eclipse was trying to tell me about each character and the events between the vampires and werewolves, it reminds me of the movie called, Van Hensing a little bit. I looked back and remembered what it was about the rival between vampires and werewolves. Interested.. But the New Moon book I’m currently still reading, I now loved reading mystery, thriller and intense books. After I read Twilight, I immediately went to Target to get her next saga 2, New Moon because I needed to know what had happened next. It is a good thing that I had Eclipse book because I knew that there was something missing and I didn’t get the connection with all the rivalries and the relationships with Bella and Edward, along with Jacob. To be honest with you, the next movie they’re filming for New Moon and Eclipse, I sure hope that they’ll keep Edward and Bella’s relationship the same but stronger because Jacob is not what Bella wants or to have. I think that Bella is only trying to fill the void that Edward left for several months and she needed someone to comfort her until Edward and Bella meets again. I hope I didn’t spoil the story for you but I am glad that I am able to express my feeling about books and realizing the type of book I like to read beside romance.
Anyway, I’m looking forward to see Twilight and I know that it has been out for a while. I haven’t had a chance to see it. I heard it was good movie to watch and this week I’ll see it. I’ll bring back my thoughts and feeling about the movie itself. New Moon will be coming out in Nov. of 2009 and I’m excited about that.
So, stay tuned for the next one.
“Legions of Readers are hungry for more, Give in to Temptation…(Stephenie Meyers-“New Moon”)
No comments:
Post a Comment