Saturday, January 1, 2011

Love N' Dancing Movie by Deaf swing dance teacher (2008)

    
     What can I say after watching Love N' Dancing movie on Netflix.. Of course, there aren't caption for any movie unless it is a foreign language. Anyhow, I was in the mood to watch something that are related to dancing and saw the synposis about deaf swing teacher, I immediately watched it because I assumed that this deaf swing teacher would sign in the movie. Apparently it did not happen that way. With that being said, I went ahead and watched it anyway and was touched by how the dance couple moved through the music, how they tried to communicate with each other through dancing and not allowing the deafness get in the way. They did it and succeeded. I was pleased to see that some of the storyline about when people did not realize that a person is deaf and can speak very well (only if they wear an hearing aid), did not know anyone is behind the person or speaking behind the person's back. I have had that experience in the past. People would see that I wear my hearing aid and I can dance very well. They automatic assumed that, oh- she is just partially deaf or hearing aid but not profound deaf. I get offended sometimes and I would tell them that yes, I am deaf when I am not wearing my hearing aid, with or without. I am who I am and as far as dancing, I dance through music by feeling the vibration. Seeing this movie made me want to go back to the dance studio and dance again. Time will tell and it will come eventually. :-)

Reason I mentioned about this movie that I was glad to see it even though the deaf swing dance teacher didn't use sign language throughout the movie, he read lips a lot, just like me..

More information about this movie, Love N' Dancing (2008) Jessica (Amy Smart) forgot just how much she loved dancing until she meets Jake (Tom Malloy), a deaf swing-dance teacher who inspires her to get back on the floor. Trouble is, Jake's already got a partner (Nicola Royston), and so does Jessica -- her fiancé, Kent (Billy Zane). As Jake and Jessica get closer, their steps and their hearts seem more in synch. But with their eyes on a coveted dancing prize, can they keep their focus?

I would recommend you guys rent this movie and watch it. You will understand where I am coming from when it comes to dancing and being deaf as well.

No comments: