Dear Bloggers:
Here I am again. It has been so long since I blogged my site. I know a few friends of mine did a great job keeping in touch with their bloggers. I am not a fan of blogging but every once in a while, it is good to blog whatever the time I have. Since I have graduated from Columbia College. It has taken a quite while to get used to not being in school. I know that some of my friends and family are thrill to see us out and about to do something out there with our career.
To be honest, Since I got out of graduate school, I knew that I wasn't done with school. Impossible. I wanted more, but I had to give myself a year to figure out what excately I want to do after I'm done with my masters. A year just passed, I have come to a conclusion that I'll go for my doctorate degree. I am hoping to enroll Argosy University to pursue Business Administration or Marketing degree or both. Who knows. It is one of my next step to do. After all, I'll need to complete my thesis project. My thesis project will be about my future dance company. It is new and haven't started it but its a goal. It'll be called, Intercultural Deaf Dance Production. I would like to work with deaf and hearing impaired students or dancers who wants to be a part of the community. There are so many things in this world could offer the deaf and hearing impaired students or dancers. I hope that few of us who are an artist could provide those needs to the community.
If you are interested to know more about my future company, check my website and its http://freewebs.com/danceproductionster and I am still working on filling the blanks in there. But before I add all those information or details, I want to start experience whats out there for me and what could I possibility provide my dancers or peers this experience. A very good friend of mine, Simone, she s currently works for DC as Director for the Arts. She has reached South Africa community and found the network for me. When I was reading the website about the deaf and hearing impaired dance community. I knew then, I would love to work with the organization there. I truly hope that I'll be able to visit or learn about their organization. That will definitely help our community and the international. This is one of the reason I choose the title called, Intercultural because it is not one culture I am included to be a part of my company. I've traveled and explored different arts and dance program while I was in college in DC (Gallaudet University). With that in mind, I couldn't thank them for giving me an opportunity to allow me to travel with the dance company. Not only Gallaudet did provide a great journey for me, it all started at Louisiana School for the Deaf. If I can remember correctly, it was during my sophomore year in high school. I wanted to perform a dance routine and fortunately, VSA Arts (Visual Special Arts Festival) in Chicago- they found me and submitted me to be a part of the contest in Louisiana. When I found out that I was offered to travel to VSA Arts and to Belgium, Brussel. I couldn't go there alone because it is also represented by Louisiana School for the Deaf who bought the attention to the media to Chicago and Europe. My best friend, Tiffany and another good friend of mine, Nae joined me to traveled and performed VSA and Belguim. I remembered those long rehearsal, traveling, and getting ready to go and perform. We had a blast time together.
All these times I've traveled back and forth to dance rehearsal and to Europe, we returned back to America exhausted. The hours were different and we were still required to start our next class in the morning. We did not have a chance to sleep in or relax a bit. We had our game coming up next which is cheerleader because volleyball season was over. Once we learned that we had to begin rehearsaling for cheerleading and teaching new member, we were mentally drained.
Anyhow- here I am sitting at home and relaxing. Tomorrow is my birthday and will be turning 31. I am glad that I'm still alive to this day and grateful to continue my dream in the future. I don't know what my future will brings but in a good way I hope (I know it will). Now, I've done everything in my power to complete my dream and still going.. I know that I am not done but it is a start and definitely not the end.
To this day, I thank God for everything he taught me how to step ahead of my game and keep going. I praised him for giving me the strength to be patient and learn from all the mistakes and struggles I've gone through in school and life. I know that it'll get better eventually and it'll be what I expect in the long run.
wishing you nothing but the best.
Thank you for reading my blog. I'll do my best to keep up with my blogging. :)
Regina
No comments:
Post a Comment